Saturday, April 9, 2011
We are leaving today!
Well, the clowns in Washington decided not to let the government shut down which is great news for us. We were plastered to the news until the announcement last night and we very happy to hear that we would be able to leave today. I had to get online at nearly midnight to reserve a hotel room in Washington for our layover tonight. So now a whole new and different kind of joy, fear and anxiety come into play. When Tami and I were talking late last evening I said to her that after we leave our home today that our family will never be the same. Much like having a new baby, there is much anticipation and joy but at the same time there is a good measure of anxiety and fear. The six of us have life down pretty well. We live a good, happy and easy life together. We certainly think our new family members will change everything for the better but it is that "change" thing that always brings about some unknowns and that is always a little unnerving. Tami, my mom, Kyle, Faith and Derartu will return next Saturday 4/16. I will return on 4/22 with Abdu if everything works out and he is cleared by the Embassy when we are over there. We pray for a safe and easy trip. We pray also that God gives us the wisdom, patience and perseverance to be good parents and protectors of our children on this new chapter of our lives. See you on the other side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I talked to Ann today and she filled me in on the latest but I enjoyed going back to read the last couple of weeks' blogs. I can definitely see where your TRUST in God has been brought to the forefront. I also struggle with trying to be in the driver's seat but I agree that God is faithful and unfailing and HIS way is always the BEST way! I am so happy for your family and in awe of the love and patience you have all displayed throughout this whole process. You have truly honored and glorified God! You entire family will be covered in prayer during what is hopefully the last of this process and the first of a whole new life together! God bless you all!
ReplyDelete