Sunday, November 7, 2010

We're on Our Way

Tami and I are sitting in the Fort Wayne airport as I type this waiting to start our trip to meet our two new children. We have been so excited to this point, but I think we would both say right now we are really anxious and nervous more than anything. I think it set in over the past couple of days that when we left our 4 kids today that the next time we saw them our family would never be the same. It is much like the feeling people get when having a baby and I don't think it is avoidable. We know that the way our family is going to change will be great, it is just the unknown and the change that brings these feelings to the surface.
If we can get connectivity, we plan to update this blog daily while we are in Ethiopia to keep everyone on top of what we are doing and to "document" our experience there. We will arrive in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, on Tuesday morning and will likely meet D and A that morning. We have the court appointment on Thursday and then we fly out late Friday evening to come home.
Please pray for us as we have a lot of emotions swirling at this point. We need prayers especially for all of our children both here and in Ethiopia. This will be a tremendous time of change for all of them and we know that they can't possibly comprehend the magnitude of it. We pray for wisdom and guidance as we navigate this change of our family. May He give us the strength to work through the emotions, the fatigue and our fear to be the best parents we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment