I (Scott) have been reading an amazing book that is recommended during this process. It is called "There is No Me Without You" by Melissa Faye Greene. This book tells an amazing story about an amazing women in Ethiopia and her work with orphans. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone, not just people who are in the adoption process.
Tami has not had the opportunity to read it yet but I will read excerpts to her now and then. Every single one of them has made her cry. I keep telling her she better have a box of Kleenex ready when she reads the book because I have only scraped the surface with what I have shared.
This book is something that all should read to get a very vivid picture of how privileged we are to live in the part of the world we do. The beautiful thing about it all is that the folks in Ethiopia have a ton of pride and joy.
On another note, we finally have our psychological evaluation tomorrow. We are also waiting on our background checks from Pennsylvania to come back. We should be ready very soon to schedule our home study meetings with our social worker and get it wrapped up so we can start work on our dossier. We'll keep you posted!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment